Monday, October 13, 2008

I can't believe...

it's been a month since my last post. Well, a lot has happened in the last month...so here I go catching up. So here is what I'm driving right now, because....this is what happened to my SUV and it's in the shop right now.
Yeah, I really did a number on it. Sideswiped a guard post...and I can't even begin to explain how I did it except to say that I was not thinking about what I was doing. Nuff said.
Here is what I have been knitting...Woven cables dishcloth from the MonthlyDishcloths group
Zig with a Bit of Zag dishcloth from RachelsKnittingRoom yahoo group
a ghost dishcloth from ShirleysKnittingKnook group
Frankenstein's Monster dishcloth from MonthlyDishcloths group.
Then this past Friday (Oct 10) evening, I traveled to Lexington, KY to Joseph-Beth Booksellers to see...
Ann Shayne and Kay Gardiner of Mason Dixon Knitting fame! They were funny and very entertaining. And I got to see lots of fabulous knitting.
OK, I've been working on these socks since September 3rd. That's the first time I cast on. Got through the first pattern repeat, misread the directions, messed up big time and ripped them out and started over. Now I have the next Socks That Rock sock club installment in and HAVE to finish these before I can start on the new ones. That's my rule for myself. By the way, this is the Blue Moon Fibers Sock Club.
Now I am finished with the seaming and hood on my Central Park Hoodie and have picked up the stitches for the left side button band. This is a flat veiw of the hood.
And here is a blurry view of my oldest daughter reluctantly modeling
I don't know what I was doing, but I would have taken more pictures except these pictures looked fine when I took them. Oh, well I will make sure to take more (and hopefully better) pictures when it is all finished.
That's all I got for now. Hope I won't be as long catching up next time. I'm on fall break this week so the sweater and socks should be finished before I go back to school next Monday.

1 comment:

Meaghan said...

I totally love that sweater! I picked up knitting while I was having my chemo and radiation treatments but am not nearly good enough to actually make anything!

I wanted to let you know that I finally launched my website www.getthebean.com. We are selling all sorts of great coffee's, teas and treats.

To celebrate the launch we are doing a ton of giveaways. If you would like to get in on it check out www.getthebean.blogspot.com

Also, if you are interested in raising $$$ for a charity of your choice check out www.gtbfightscancer.blogspot.com

Thanks so much!

Meg