Thursday, April 26, 2007

Catching up...

Just finished this dishcloth up today. Can you see the picture? It's a swimsuit. Rachel from Rachels Knitting Room designed this as a KAL.
These are the Inside Out socks from the Blue Moon Fiber Arts STR Sock Club. Finished these up on Friday, April 20 and immediately cast on for the Horcrux pattern by Susan Lawrence at I'm Knitting As Fast As I Can. She designed this for worsted weight yarn initially and then converted it to sock weight yarn for the Six Sox Knitalong group.
This is all I had left from the knitting of these two sock. It was pretty close.
I went to the Bluegrass Festival of Books specifically to see some authors. Below are a few results.
Above is Ann Hood who wrote The Knitting Circle. She is signing my personal copy of her book.
An you know who this is! Yep, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, The Yarn Harlot
She gave the funniest and greatest talk.
This is me with Dorothea Benton Frank. She is the friendliest person.
I stopped by a new yarn shop near the University of Kentucky in Lexington before heading to my daughter's apartment to puppy sit. I got this to make a felted Booga Bag. The shop is called ReBelle. They threw in the Flower Pin kit as a freebie. There is also a yarn shop called Magpie Yarns that I couldn't quite locate, but the next time I'm in town and have time I plan to find them and look in there also. They were the sponsor for Stephanie's speech and book signing.
These are the Horcrux socks I spoke of earlier. I cast on the morning of the Book Festival and I am closing in on the toes as I post. I was hoping I could finish these up by tonight so I could start on some more. I have a "long" list. ;-)

No comments: