Sunday, February 22, 2009

A good week

Sarah and I came home on Tuesday (which was her 13th birthday by the way) to see two packages sitting on our front porch. This was in one of them...it's mine...a new Flip video camera which holds 60 minutes of video that you can directly upload to the computer (and I'm sure, lots of other cool things)and this, which is Sarah's new camera...a Kodak Easy Share Z1285. It's pretty great too. I love that they arrived right on her birthday!
I finished this dishcloth on Saturday. It is the mid February KAL from MonthlyDishcloths. It's called the Circle Cloth...kinda cute but I'm not sure I will use it.
Then we had the family birthday dinner for Sarah at a place called Paradise Cafe in the nearby town of Paris, Ky. This is the cake she picked out. She didn't want to blow out a bunch of candles so we got a one and a three for thirteen.
And here she is opening cards, of course with money and checks and gift cards in them. That's my brother, John, to the left of the picture and Sarah's brother-in-law, Bryan, to the right.
Then when we got home last night, I finished up these socks which have been lingering since the middle of October. Turned out kinda cute if I do say so myself. These are the Second Anniversary Sock Kit from The Loopy Ewe. The pattern is called Halema`uma`u Socks. The yarn is Handmaiden Casbah in a special colorway called "Loopified".

That's the update for this week!

No comments: