Sunday, March 13, 2005

Sickness, socks and yarn

So I am back in a week. This week has been eventful. First of all I knit socks, lots of socks. So ... I finished my latest pair, Stashbuster Spirals. I belong to the Six_Sox_Knitalong and this was the latest pattern. Another one will follow in April. Now I am working on a pair of Ripple socks in Opal Elements, I forget which number. The have pink, blue, and yellow in them sort of like a rainbow. Then I need to make the same pattern using Lorna's Laces shepherd sock in the Desert Rose colorway.
I also started a Booga Bag in a Noro Kureyon color that is too old to remember - blues, pinks, purples. Really pretty!
I am still working on my WIP/UFO list so I can post it here and slowly finish things up. I want to finish up at least one old project to one new project, but haven't started that yet. Will start with the Booga Bag and then I can start a new one after that.
OK, the sickness part--my husband of 11 years has bronchitis, really bad. He has been off work for the last two days and really had me worried when he couldn't breath, at all, Thursday night. He is slowly getting better now and I am a little relieved about that. But he has a long way to go still.
And last but not least, the yarn...I ordered a bunch of Cascade 220 for felting a couple of weeks ago and it came in this week. Then today, while I was in Lexington, I stopped at the LYS and picked out (with help from my 20 yo DD) some Kureyon to coordinate with some of the Cascade 220. I have 7 bunches ready now to start purses for Christmas presents. Sure hope I can get them all done by then.
I work at Weight Watchers part-time as a receptionist and took my turn at the Center today. That is why I was in Lexington. I sure am tired after working all morning.
Woke up to a little covering of snow this morning, it melted off quickly as the ground was still warm. It has never gotten cold long enough for the ground to completely cool off.
I can't think of anything else to write for now, so I guess I will sign off for now.

No comments: