Saturday, March 18, 2006

Another week, another pair of socks...

I can't get blogger to upload any pictures tonight. Don't know what is going on. Anyway, I finished the latest pattern from Six Sox Knitalong, the Glad Ragg socks. I used some gray Opal UniSolid yarn, US # 1 & 0 circulars, doing 2 socks on 2 circs. Loved this pattern. It was easy and turned out very nicely. It was originally written to use beads, but also offered an alternative for anyone who didn't want to use beads. I ordered some lavendar colored beads but decided not to use them and knitted up the gray yarn instead of lavendar Opal UniSolid. We just got the shopping list for the next sock pattern--any yarn will do! Solid, self patterning, whatever...will work with the next pattern which is called, I think, Catch of the Day. Can wait for the pattern, but in the meantime I still need to finish the purple Ripple socks for my future son-in-law's mother and I also pulled out some ribbon yarn, Lion Brand Incredible, to swatch up for another Clapotis. Hope it works alright. Need to hunt the stash for some yarn to use for a couple of baby blankets and maybe a hat, sweater, and booties!
Oh, btw, I think I forgot to post this news...I am going to be a grandmother sometime in June/July(step-, actually) My husband's oldest daughter, who has been married about 5 years is expecting. Also a good friend of my daughter is expecting her second child too. Another bit of great news is that my daughter, Megan, is engaged to be married. She is planning on April/May in 2007.
TTFN!

No comments: