Sunday, April 24, 2005

No new finishes

I was hoping for at least one project finished but it is not to be. I had to go buy a new circular needle to finish the bag I am working on now and didn't even get the knitting finished. Maybe by next weekend. I am still working on the Go Team Go Socks from the Six Sox Knitalong. I want to finish these for sure by May 1st. I have too many other projects to finish.
So I went shopping...while I was in Lexington, I stopped at Target and picked up some of the cute little kits they have for learning to knit. I don't need to learn, I just wanted to get the projects. Here's what I got--Cat toys, Dog toys, summer tote, and Pocket purse. Then I went to Michaels--bought 2 skeins each of Moda Dea Tutu in petal pink; Moda Dea Dream in waterlily; and Patons Twister in Raspberry twist. All of these are in pinks because I was looking for something to knit breast cancer scarves. Just started on the Tutu this morning. Cast on 24 sts and knitting every row. Should be a quick finish. I must put this down and get back to work on the Team socks.
Finally, I stopped at WalMart and saw that they had some of the new colors on their shelf so I got 1 skein in these colors--Cotton candy, Cobalt, Grape, and Blue sky. Planning scarves for these also.
I am still doing laundry and need to change the sheets on both beds and then run the sweeper. But I don't wanna! :-( I would rather knit. Maybe I can reward myself with knitting the rest of the day, if I do some housework. ;-)
I really need to spend some time figuring out how to add pictures to this blog and pretty it up some. All the others that I read look really nice. But I just don't have time right now to do this. Perhaps this summer, when I am not working every day. Also, I plan on making some changes to my internet ... like change over to DSL or cable hookup. Gotta do some research on those. Also, plan on switching from Adelphia cable to Dish Network--lots more channels and better reception for about the same $$$.
Well, better go for now. Gotta get some housework and knitting time in before the day is done!
TTFN!

No comments: