Saturday, April 30, 2005

School and things...

Only 19 more days of school left! Yay! I am ready for the end of school and so are the students. They are getting almost unmanageable. We really need some summer vacation. All this yucky rainy weather doesn't help either. No way for them to be outside and work off some of that energy.
On the knitting front, I am moving toward the toes of my Go Team! socks. Don't think I will make the May 1st deadline, though. I am going to give it my best shot. I started on another Vintage Bubble bag and I am about halfway done. I would like to get it finished also and start felting. If I can get the socks done then I can probably finish up the bag on Sunday. We will see.
In the meantime, I am also reading a couple of children's books--The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke and I am re-reading the Lemony Snicket books, A Series of Unfortunate Events. The Bad Beginning is the first one. I want to watch the movie but I want to refresh my memory on the books also.
I got the cutest Mrs. Knitter bear from Avon! She is holding a bag with a kitten in it and the bag says "Knitting is my bag." She also has a ball of yarn with straight needles sticking it (not real) I just love it! I need to get a doll stand so I can stand it up.
Bad news! Our riding lawn mower is dead. I am going to Georgetown tomorrow to the super WalMart to look at new mowers. We are going to get a self-propelled instead of a riding mower. My hubby says to go look and decide on one and then he will go over on Sunday to pick it up.
So, I need to run the sweeper and clean house tomorrow also. It's supposed to be rainy again so I will probably try to get this out of the way early. Oh, our Home and Garden show is tomorrow and I want to go look around. We need to do some things around here and I want to make some inquiries. Hope I can get it all finished.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi and nice to meet you. We have some things in commen. My e-mail is lyle-cheryl@comcast.net. I have been wanting to make the felted Lucy bag for a long time. Do you like it? Does the flap stay closed while carrying it? Is it possible for you to mail me the pattern?
The other thing is your books. I read all types of books and the authors you mentioned in particular. I am on line in some book trade groops. One is Paperbackswap.com and my other favorite is Titletrader.com. They trade books, cd's, and tapes. You list the books you have to offer. When someone sees your book they ask for it. You mail it to them by "media mail" because its cheaper. A big hardback is a little over $1. Then you get a credit and with it you can select a book you have been wanting to read. Cool huh? If you sign up please tell them Cheryl Rolph sent you and I can get a free book. Sincerely, Cheryl